thebookcoop

The Tale of Genji
Murasaki Shikibu, Royall Tyler
She Rises
Kate Worsley
Conrad's Fate - Diana Wynne Jones Whilst I don't think it is one of the best of Diana Wynne Jones' that I have read, and not among my favourites in the Chrestomanci series - I still really enjoyed this book so it does pain me to give it only three stars. Maybe 3.79 stars would be more appropriate, but that is details.

Conrad's Fate takes us back to young Christopher Chant as a teenager - chronologically following [b:The Lives of Christopher Chant|6124248|The Lives of Christopher Chant (The Chrestomanci Series)|Diana Wynne Jones|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51M0VlnLKoL._SL75_.jpg|6302624]. As with many of Diana's books they are rarely published in chronological order and so it is not necessary that they have to be read in order. Although I would suggest that you have to read this one after The Lives of Christopher otherwise it won't be that interesting without knowing the history of Christopher and Millie.

This book tells the story from Conrad's point of view. His Uncle Alfred sends him on a mission to Stallery Mansion to find the source of his 'Bad Karma' but on his way he meets an already familiar character - young Christopher Chrestomanci who also has a mission of his very own.

Diana Wynne Jones injects her uniquely quirky sense of humour into her stories, making each one a pleasure to read. Even though Conrad's Fate I would say is not her most original book it is enjoyable getting back into her magical worlds and catching up on one of me favourite characters of all time. Diana Wynne Jones is like a magical, comfortable blanket that I loved t be wrapped up in.