thebookcoop

The Tale of Genji
Murasaki Shikibu, Royall Tyler
She Rises
Kate Worsley
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee Lee I don't know why it took me so long to get around to reading this. I put it of for years despite everyone saying how good it was. I suppose in some peculiar logic, the more people tell me how good something is, the less I want to read it.

Some books you want to finish it to see what happens in the end. For me, recently that was Stephen King's The Stand. Some books, like this book you turn over the page and feel a heart wrenching sense of shock and loss that it is over.

I didn't want it to stop. I didn't want to leave Atticus, Jem or Scout - or their little southern town in Alabama. I admit, I feel quite sad that unless I read it again, which won't be the same, I'll never see them again apart from in my own imagination but that isn't quite the same.

Sad that it's over. I was taken into a wholly different world and I'll miss those three characters. I'll miss Scout's intelligent narration - and how as a reader, you learn about the world and it's people with her.